Retrofit kit for retrofitting a second battery in the Volkswagen T6 (all models)
Complete kit for retrofitting a second battery in the VW T6.
This professional kit allows easy retrofitting of a second battery under the driver's seat. The advantage of a second battery is the extended energy storage, this can be used for example for the auxiliary heating, the interior lights, the music system or for separate installations such as refrigerator or other in the vehicle. The secondary battery is disconnected from the starter battery when the engine is switched off and is only switched on again after the engine has started (charging function), so that even when the secondary battery is discharged the engine start via the starter battery is always guaranteed.
To use for:
- all VW T6
- Battery console for installation under the driver's seat (adapted original VW spare part)
- Fixing material for battery console (terminal block with screw)
- Set connecting cable for secondary battery (cable 10qmm with fuse terminal)
- Battery disconnect relay
- Protection of charging circuit 70A with fuse holder
- Mounting material such as cable ties, roll insulating tape, crimp contacts
- Installation and connection instructions
- Genuine Volkswagen breather hose for battery (length approx. 50 cm)
- Additional cable to the starter battery with fuse holder and 70 Ampere fuse
This cable must be ordered if not available from the factory, see notes
- Fuseholder 4-way for 4 supply circuits (2x 4qmm and 2x2,5qmm)
- Cable set for connecting the parking heater to the secondary battery (article number KAB-ZH-2B-T6)
- Cable set for connecting the interior blower (heating) to the secondary battery (article number KAB-IG-2B-T56)
- Original VW Battery cover
Notes on ordering / optional accessories:
Please check BEFORE ordering if your Volkswagen T6 has a fuse holder under the driver's seat. If the fuse holder is present, the connecting cable from the starter battery to the second battery is also available at the factory and does not have to be ordered separately. If the fuse holder is missing under the driver's seat, the additional cable to the starter battery with fuse holder must be ordered.
Notes on installation / quick overview:
- Release earth pole of starter battery and remove
- Remove driver's seat
- release both rear nuts of the seat console
- Insert the battery console into the seat console and tighten both nuts again
- Insert battery in battery console and secure with terminal strip
- Expose the starter battery lead and remove the individual leads crimped on it
- Now crimp on the separated individual leads the ring contacts supplied and attach them to the second outlets (positive pole)
- Now crimp on the 10mm² cable which comes from the starter battery the supplied contact and put it on the still free contact of the isolating relay
- Lay the single cable black to the on-board body control unit and plug it in according to our instructions into free contact
- Code the onboard body control unit to the function "secondary battery"
Our set includes a detailed connection manual, in addition, this also includes the information on how the Bodnetzsteuergerät to the function "secondary battery" is to be coded (diagnostic tool required, for example, VCDS, VCP, ODIS). Each on-board network control unit installed in the VW T5 facelift supports the "secondary battery" function. Advantages of our set compared to an automatic disconnecting relay: Only when the starter battery is fully charged does the control of the isolating relay take place, thus relieving the load on the generator.
Please note that batteries can only be shipped within Germany. Shipping abroad is generally excluded (dangerous goods). Please order the optional battery only if the shipment goes to a German address!
Einbau & Montage:
Durch unser geschultes Fachpersonal garantieren wir Ihnen den fachgerechten Einbau unserer Produkte in unserer Werkstatt in Bielefeld. Richten Sie Ihre Terminanfrage bitte an: firstname.lastname@example.org oder nutzen Sie das Kontaktformular im Onlineshop. Bitte geben Sie stets die gewünschte Artikelnummer sowie Ihre Fahrgestellnummer vom Fahrzeug an.
Ihnen ist die Anreise nach Bielefeld zu weit? Auf unserer Webseite unter www.wibutec.com finden Sie von uns ausgewählte Einbaupartner welche die gewünschte Nachrüstung an Ihrem Fahrzeug ebenfalls gerne durchführen. Für die Montage durch einen unserer Einbaupartner schließen Sie mit dem Fachhändler einen gesonderten Vertrag über die gewünschte Dienstleistung ab. Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Einbaupreise unserer Einbaupartner von unseren Preisen abweichen können.
Average product review
Vehicles with an auxiliary heater can be identified on the nameplate, which is located either in the engine compartment, in the driver's door or in the tank lid, depending on the vehicle model. The most common manufacturers are "Webasto" and "Eberspächer".
You can also send us an email to email@example.com, based on the chassis number, we check whether an auxiliary heater is installed and whether this can be upgraded to a parking heater.
Examples of different Volkswagen vehicles:
Nameplate "Webasto Thermo Top EVO" in the driver door - VW-T6
Nameplate "Eberspächer Hydronic II" in der B-Pillar - VW Touareg II (7P)
The heaters in the models VW Sharan, VW Caddy and VW Touran were programmed with an automatic shutdown at a voltage below 11.3 volts. Here, the voltage measured at the heater control unit is evaluated; if it is below 11.3 V, the heater will not start. In older models, it makes sense to reduce the cut-off voltage.
- Enclosed you find further information:
- Call up address 18 auxiliary heating
- Select adaptation channel 1
- enter new value and save (for example 100 for 10 volts)
The most common reason for this is a defective circulating pump. If this is defective, the currently heated water is not displaced - the heater switches off to prevent overheating. Please check the circulation pump via final control diagnosis.
Please use the following output signal for your vehicle:
VW Caddy / VW Touran 1T / VW Sharan 7N / Seat Alhambra 7N
The clock output signal must be set to TT-Z / C / E
VW T5 / T6 / VW Amarok / VW Touareg 7L / Audi Q7 4L
The output signal of the clock must be set to TT-EVO
- How to set the output signal while a power socket is shown in the display:
This display appears automatically if no output signal has been selected yet. Enter the selection menu for the selection as follows: Press and hold the ON button + rotary knob together for a few seconds.
Now the output signal can be set again.
If you have already selected another output signal by mistake, please proceed as follows to redial the output signal:
Settings / Setup, then on the far right to reset, confirm this with OK. As soon as the clock is displayed, immediately press and hold down the rotary control and the ON button. Now the output signal can be selected again. Please select the appropriate output signal for your vehicle. Then set the day of the week, time and the desired language.
1. Insert the battery into the battery compartment of the remote control
2. Disconnect the power supply of the receiving unit (unplug the plug or pull out the fuse)
3. Wait at least 5 seconds and restore power
4. After about 2 seconds, but within 6 seconds, press the OFF button on the remote for at least 1 second
5. Learning finished. A maximum of 4 remote transmitters can be paired in the same way. For further teach-in processes, the "oldest" remote will be deleted.
This can have several causes, please work through the following points:
1. Has our upgrade kit been installed according to the instructions?
Please check all connections again.
2. Is the fuel tank at least 1/4 full?
The heater does not start if the fuel tank is not at least 1/4 full.
3. Is the battery sufficiently charged?
The heater has a cut-off voltage of 11.3 volts. Please charge the battery accordingly. In the VW Caddy, VW Touran, VW Sharan 7N and Seat Alhambra 7N models, the cut-off voltage below the matching channel 01 can be reduced to 10 volts (for example, enter the value 100 instead of 113).
4. Has the GSM module been configured accordingly? (only if this was ordered)
For configuration see FAQ's.
5. Has the Webasto-Clock been configured accordingly? (only if ordered)
For configuration see FAQ's.
6. Has the remote control been paired? (only if the T91 or T100 has been ordered)
To pair the remote control, see FAQ's.
7. Are error entries stored in the heater control unit?
Please check fault memory in the address 18-heater by diagnosis. The heater will start, but it will go off after about 1 minute: The most common cause for this is a defective circulating pump. A defective circulating pump is not stored as an error in the fault memory. Please check the pump for this reason by means of final control diagnosis (address 18-heating). The pump must work audible and tactile.
The serial number is always supplied with the GPS module.
The Danhag GSM module must be configured before using first time.
Use the following configurator from the manufacturer:
On the first page select the type as well as the version of the delivered module and then go to "next". On the following page you can now select the authorized telephone numbers, the duration of then heating and the output signal which the GSM have to put out while using it.
The following output signal must be selected:
- Volkswagen Touran, Caddy, Sharan 7N and Seat Alhambra 7N:
please select the signal "+ 12V" (if the GPS module was ordered please select W-Bus 4).
If you would like to use the auxiliary ventilation in summer, please select the output signal "Stand ventilation".
Volkswagen Amarok, T5, T6, Touareg 7L, Audi Q7 4L:
please select the output signal "W-Bus 3".
Volkswagen Touareg 7P:
please select the output signal "E-Bus 5".
Audi A4 8K, A5 8T, Q5 8R, A6 4G, A7 4G, A8 4H:
please select the output signal "E-Bus 5".
Additional information Volkswagen T6
Our upgrade kits for the Volkswagen T6 and Amarok up from 08.2016 include the corresponding software on CD and the required Webasto dongle. The tool for programming (article number WBUSDI) can be ordered for 59 Euro. To use the tool you need a laptop with two free USB inputs.
We are happy to carry out the software modification / activation of the auxiliary heater for you after installation of our upgrade kit for free in our garage for you. For this purpose, bring the USB stick (blue dongle) enclosed with the set and the software CD (W-Bus diagnostic interface does not have to be purchased separately!)
The blower level is preset for vehicles equipped with a Climatronic and corresponds to the blower level defined by the independent heater manufacturer. Only in vehicles with manual or without air conditioning, you can choose the blower level yourself. Here we recommend the blower level 1, max 2. to choose.
Manual air conditioning or heating
• KH2 Climatic air conditioning (semi-automatic) in the driver's cab plus passenger compartment ventilation with 2nd heater
• 9AJ air conditioning with mechanical control and 2nd heater in the passenger compartment
• 9AP air conditioning Climatic (semi-automatic)
The list continues. If your air conditioner is not listed, please contact us.
In principle, all consumers can be reconnected to the second battery. Of course, only consumers who are also used in the state are re-clamped, this includes, for example the following consumers: interior lights, sockets, radio, heater and internal fan.
Volkswagen T5 facelift and T6:
If the individual cables which are connected to the 10 mm≤ wired line are clamped on the second battery, this would already supply the following consumers with the second battery: interior lights in the rear, sockets in the rear. The fuse holder with our 4 individual cables included in our retrofit kit can be used to reconnect other consumers.
If you tell us which consumers you would like to additionally reconnect, we would be happy to inform you about the respective backup locations. In this case, please also indicate the chassis number.
No, in principle, the factory-installed battery is sufficient. This should of course be in good condition and fully charged. The driving time after a parking heater operation should be about the duration of the heating so that the battery can be recharged accordingly.
In cars such as Volkswagen T5 and T6, the heater and the interior fan can be re-clamped to the secondary battery, suitable cable harnesses including instructions can be found in our online shop. Of course, a second battery in each Volkswagen T5 and T6 can also be retrofitted.