Retrofit kit for retrofitting a second battery in the Volkswagen T6 (all models)
Complete kit for retrofitting a second battery in the VW T6.
This professional kit allows easy retrofitting of a second battery under the driver's seat. The advantage of a second battery is the extended energy storage, this can be used for example for the auxiliary heating, the interior lights, the music system or for separate installations such as refrigerator or other in the vehicle. The secondary battery is disconnected from the starter battery when the engine is switched off and is only switched on again after the engine has started (charging function), so that even when the secondary battery is discharged the engine start via the starter battery is always guaranteed.
To use for:
- Battery console for installation under the driver's seat (adapted original VW spare part)
- Fixing material for battery console (terminal block with screw)
- Set connecting cable for secondary battery (cable 10qmm with fuse terminal)
- Battery disconnect relay
- Protection of charging circuit 70A with fuse holder
- Mounting material such as cable ties, roll insulating tape, crimp contacts
- Installation and connection instructions
- Genuine Volkswagen breather hose for battery (length approx. 50 cm)
- Additional cable to the starter battery with fuse holder and 70 Ampere fuse
This cable must be ordered if not available from the factory, see notes
- Fuseholder 4-way for 4 supply circuits (2x 4qmm and 2x2,5qmm)
- Cable set for connecting the parking heater to the secondary battery (article number KAB-ZH-2B-T6)
- Cable set for connecting the interior blower (heating) to the secondary battery (article number KAB-IG-2B-T56)
- Original VW Battery cover
Notes on ordering / optional accessories:
Please check BEFORE ordering if your Volkswagen T6 has a fuse holder under the driver's seat. If the fuse holder is present, the connecting cable from the starter battery to the second battery is also available at the factory and does not have to be ordered separately. If the fuse holder is missing under the driver's seat, the additional cable to the starter battery with fuse holder must be ordered.
Notes on installation / quick overview:
- Release earth pole of starter battery and remove
- Remove driver's seat
- release both rear nuts of the seat console
- Insert the battery console into the seat console and tighten both nuts again
- Insert battery in battery console and secure with terminal strip
- Expose the starter battery lead and remove the individual leads crimped on it
- Now crimp on the separated individual leads the ring contacts supplied and attach them to the second outlets (positive pole)
- Now crimp on the 10mm² cable which comes from the starter battery the supplied contact and put it on the still free contact of the isolating relay
- Lay the single cable black to the on-board body control unit and plug it in according to our instructions into free contact
- Code the onboard body control unit to the function "secondary battery"
Our set includes a detailed connection manual, in addition, this also includes the information on how the Bodnetzsteuergerät to the function "secondary battery" is to be coded (diagnostic tool required, for example, VCDS, VCP, ODIS). Each on-board network control unit installed in the VW T5 facelift supports the "secondary battery" function. Advantages of our set compared to an automatic disconnecting relay: Only when the starter battery is fully charged does the control of the isolating relay take place, thus relieving the load on the generator.
Please note that batteries can only be shipped within Germany. Shipping abroad is generally excluded (dangerous goods). Please order the optional battery only if the shipment goes to a German address!
Einbau & Montage:
Durch unser geschultes Fachpersonal garantieren wir Ihnen den fachgerechten Einbau unserer Produkte in unserer Werkstatt in Bielefeld. Richten Sie Ihre Terminanfrage bitte an: email@example.com oder nutzen Sie das Kontaktformular im Onlineshop. Bitte geben Sie stets die gewünschte Artikelnummer sowie Ihre Fahrgestellnummer vom Fahrzeug an.
Ihnen ist die Anreise nach Bielefeld zu weit? Auf unserer Webseite unter www.wibutec.com finden Sie von uns ausgewählte Einbaupartner welche die gewünschte Nachrüstung an Ihrem Fahrzeug ebenfalls gerne durchführen. Für die Montage durch einen unserer Einbaupartner schließen Sie mit dem Fachhändler einen gesonderten Vertrag über die gewünschte Dienstleistung ab. Bitte beachten Sie, dass die Einbaupreise unserer Einbaupartner von unseren Preisen abweichen können.
There are no reviews in the current language.